Leap of faith

This blog is a huge leap of faith for me...so please be kind!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Beginning

This is the beginning...or is it the end?  I'm not really sure if this is the beginning of a new me , the end of the old or somewhere in between.  14 years ago I began struggling with my weight. I've hashed and re-hashed all the reasons why I believe the weight came on; I also spent double the amount of time trying to figure why it wouldn't come off.  I've speculated on my childhood, my marriage, my faith, my will.  I've gotten psychological, financial, and practical about how I got here and why.

So where am I now? As of today I am 20 pounds down (yay!) from heaviest I've ever been...and filled with more hope, determination, and faith that today is the heaviest I will ever be!

I'm changing from the inside out and I want this blog to document my journey.  I want to be encouraged when I feel discouraged and hopeful when I doubt my impending success.  I also want to be able to show fellow strugglers that it can be done and done well. But not without insecurities and DAILY choices.

I am nervous as I'm about to publish this first entry, because what if I fail?? What if I fail and I have written documentation of it? But...what if I succeed? How amazing to look back on this time and "watch" the transformation take place?

Well, here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment