It has happened...I'm in a weight loss slump. I've been trying to lose the same 3 pounds since Christmas!! I really didn't think this would happen so soon. It's not even that I'm eating horribly or stopped exercising...I'm just kind of stuck.
So naturally I have found myself wondering..what if I gain weight back? What if I lose momentum? What if people stop telling me how great I look? So, I've been doing a little soul searching in this slump of mine and have discovered that my mind has completely changed! See, in the past, I would get upset or depressed about the slump. I would anticipate failure and just stop. Then beat myself up for stopping and try and start over. Again and again and again.
This time I realized a key difference in my thought process....MOTIVATION!!! The question I've been asking myself as a backdrop in this slump is "What is the motivation behind the changes I've been making?"
Is it a number on a scale? Is it a size 6 jeans? Is it to be viewed and accepted as beautiful in today's society? Is it to make Scott happy? No, no, no, and NO!!!
It's to be the best me I can be.
That's it...to be the healthiest, strongest, life-giving me I can be! My motivation is truly, deep down no longer rooted in the next big event (wedding, reunion, vacation) or the next 10 pounds or you name it!
It's to be the best me today, next year, when I'm fifty and forever.
To be as healthy and able-bodied as possible and the beautiful thing about it is this motivation has no end. Because I'll never stop changing...I'll never stop wanting to be the best me. The best me will look different in every age range, every weight range, every season of my life, so the motivation will never stop.
So there. I'm in a slump...big deal. I'm as healthy as I can be today. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
Word.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and praying for you today. I haven't seen anything come across here lately and was hoping all is well.
ReplyDeleteKatie Shumway