Leap of faith

This blog is a huge leap of faith for me...so please be kind!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm Back

I've been avoiding this blog for 16 months. Why?? Because life hit and I got stressed and gave up on my health for a little while. I thought about deleting the blog a couple times but couldn't bring myself to do it.  Then over the past few weeks I started thinking about coming back...both to the blog and the pursuit of a healthy body. So here I am...letting you know that no amount of time lapse should intimidate you from pressing forward.

Sure..I would be in a healthier position if I had continued as hard as I was going and not flaked out these  past 16 months...but I would be in a much worse position if I wasn't sitting here typing this blog trying to rekindle the passion for health.

So my question is...what did you do today to give something good to your body? That's going to be my approach as I slowly sneak back into a healthier lifestyle. I've learned that when I try to go all or nothing I fail quickly. Today I walked for 45 min and have kept my calorie intake at 1500. And guess what? Those 1500 calories were not made up of organic chicken and fresh vegetables. In fact, I ate Kraft macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs for dinner (I know..I know..I'm not 9 anymore) but I kept my daily calories down and walked TODAY. Maybe tomorrow I'll hit the organic food aisle...nah!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you!!! So, I ate ice cream, triscuits and hummus, and a mountain dew. And water. And I seriously need to do better. I am a nurse, you know! :-\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is my "go nuts" and eat anything I want day. Read 4 body and Amy is reading it now. Good read at least. So TODAY I am not doing anything good for my body. Not real helpful.

    ReplyDelete