When you start out as heavy as I did it takes a while for people to begin noticing all your hard work on the outside. Last weekend it happened. I had just hit the 30lb mark when all of a sudden people started noticing! At church alone 5 people asked me if I was losing weight. 5!!! The same thing happened at work...a number of co-workers asked me how much weight I've lost and I'm all like "30 pounds!"
Now, I realize I have a loooooong way to go to reach my ultimate goal, but it felt so good to have someone notice the results of 3 months of sweat and sacrifice! And let me tell you, it is absolute motivation to keep on truckin'!
But what's even more motivating?...I'm starting to notice. My current pair of jeans went from me becoming a contortionist to get into to literally putting them in the dryer yesterday to make them a little smaller. I sit in a movie theater seat every Sunday at church and I used to have to strategically wedge myself in the seat to sit down...now I just plop down and sit. Oh! And last week I sat down and actually CROSSED MY LEGS!! Like a lady! These are just 3 things off the top of my head that I have noticed. (All my skinny friends don't know what it's like to not be able to cross their legs, but it's something I've missed.)
So I enjoy the evidence I see for now and look forward to more and more! Like wearing a cute summer dress or a sleeveless shirt or knee high boots or ...
Way to go AnnaLisa! So proud of you! I long for the day that when I cross my my legs my ankle gets close to the other one :)
ReplyDelete