In an effort to keep things simple and kind, in today's blog we are going to refer to my personal trainer as SheDevil (or SD for short).
Last week was a rough week for me. My sleeping, exercising, and eating was turned upside down due to the almost 30 additional night shift hours I worked and by Monday's weigh-in I was just pleased to have not gained weight. So the SheDevil and I decide that this would be a good week to hit it hard and try and make up for last week. So instead of working out 3 days at her mini in-home gym and 2 or 3 on my own we decided I will go to her place all 5 days this week.
Every now and then SD decides to change up the order of my workouts claiming "muscle confusion" is going to amp up my results. But by now I'm thinking maybe, just maybe the "muscle confusion" twists won't make me want to jump off a bridge or cut off a limb, etc.
Silly, silly AnnaLisa...when will I learn?? She had an evil trick up her sleeve! Typically I do three sets weights and then 3 minutes on the elliptical...three sets of weights and 3 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 4 weight sets. I got through my first set and thought "not too bad". At which pont in time she hands me the 10lb ankle weights I use to work my inner thighs and says "For your elliptical time today you're going to hold this over your head." Wha What??? What??!!?? You're kidding right? No she was NOT kidding. But the worst part is that she was LAUGHING!! Yeah!
I barely got through the first minute and brought my arms down at which point she promptly paused my time because surely she wouldn't want to rob me of all the amazing benefits of this current torture. "You said you want amazing arms" says SD, "This is how you'll get them". I begged for her to stop the pain while she smirked and grinned. I made it though my first 3 minutes in about 4 1/2. I then went to get my water bottle and my arm was literally shaking!! I told her that I would probably drop my baby when I got home and it would be all her fault.
SheDevil didn't care.
This went on for what seemed like hours. I thought of many forms of physical pain that would've been easier than holding weights above my head while on the elliptical...getting a tooth pulled; delivering a baby; being run over by a car. ANYTHING!
And here's the kicker...I'm going to pay her for this!
Well, that's all I can type about this. Not because there isn't more I could say, but because I literally cannot hold my hands over the keyboard anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment