Leap of faith

This blog is a huge leap of faith for me...so please be kind!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pictures Suck!

2 years ago I bought a simple white linen shirt that I absolutely loved.  It fit great on top, but was a bit too snug around the hips so I put it in my closet until I was could wear it.  Fast forward to this past Saturday night and I'm getting ready to go out to a charity event and I throw on the white shirt.  This is it! I'm wearing it and I'm excited!  I pulled off the tag, did my hair and makeup and off I went. 

I arrive at the event and due to the recent 33 pounds I've lost, people are FINALLY noticing that I'm dropping some weight and making comments and it feels soooooo good!!  So today I receive an email from a friend who was taking photos of the event and there I am in the same white shirt but I SWEAR I didn't look that fat when I left the house.  I SWEAR when I did my make up that 3rd chin was most definitely not there! 

How could I be so stupid??
How could I think I looked even halfway decent that night?? 
How can I think that 33 pounds is a big deal when I have 100+ left to go??
How do I tell my friend not to tag me on facebook because I'm mortified by the way I look?

These are the horrible thoughts that plague me and in the past would have sent me into a downward spiral bringing me straight to the ice cream aisle. 

Today they are sending me to the gym to workout...and to the pantry for a can of tuna...and to the fruit basket for a cluster of grapes. 

I know I'm not the only one that have had these thoughts and I hope I can continue to fight them with healthy choices instead of caving under the pressure of negativity!

2 comments:

  1. Regardless of what you may have thought when you looked at your photos I thought you looked simply amazing on Saturday night. When I saw you in your cute white top & jeans I was inspired & so proud of you to see how much your hard work is paying off. Keep it up AL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY GIRL!!!! You are on the Road. For some the road is Winding... others it's Uphill... and yet others (not for me, but I've heard) it's just a simple Straightaway. Anyways, it's work- NO MATTER WHAT! You either make the decision to take the challenge or you don't- AND YOU ARE!!! AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! Someday you'll look back at this, and remember what a challenge and all the Hard work you put into it! EVEN MORE REASON TO KEEP ON GOING! (i haven't seen the picture, but you looked Amazing on Sunday Morning!) Hold your chin High, and know that you're doing this for YOU!

    ReplyDelete