As I've mentioned in previous postings I work out with a personal trainer 3x/week (AKA: Shedevil) but I never realized how much she would actually do for me. I thought she would help me gain physical strength and endurance and push me in my workouts to my fullest potential. Never in a million years did I expect her to challenge me spiritually and emotionally and turn out to be an amazing friend.
These last couple of weeks I hit a slump of sorts. A few factors have played into this such as a cold that won't go away, working extra hours, and the general busyness of life. With this I have not been as diligent in my eating and working out that I had been which in turn started that old familiar cycle of "I'll get back on track tomorrow". Of course I've included Cassi in on these thoughts and emotions and she was quick to encourage me and help me focus on the amazing progress I've made. Overall, I have NO DOUBT that I will continue being successful and this is a minor blip in the grand scheme of things.
Then today as I'm praying that God will help me make good choices this week and stay on track while on vacation I receive a text message from Cassi that says
"At the deepest level, it is not your food obession that you need to admit to yourself. At the deepest level, it is the memory of your Divine light that you most need to admit to yourself...the light of God that lives within you as the gift that it is: the solution to every problem"
Then to top it off, she texted me a prayer that I couldn't have articulated better myself in regards to what I was feeling.
So seriously...is she going to charge me extra for this??...because there are times when what she did today is more helpful and needed than what she does for me in the gym!
So at least for today I will not reference her as Shedevil (oops) but as Cassi Pinter - a true friend and inspiring woman. (and the reason I have to upgrade my texting plan to unlimited)
No comments:
Post a Comment